Remote Access to Eaton Circuit-Breakers – You are in Control!
Our circuit-breakers and switch disconnectors can be comfortably remotely switched.Remote switching can be implemented with the following accessories.
- The motor operator automatically tensions the spring-operated stored energy mechanism. The switch can be switched at any time using this force.
- The closing release (electromagnet) actuates the “ON mechanism” after a command and switches ON the switch using the force stored in the spring-operated stored energy mechanism.
- The shunt release (electromagnet) and/or the undervoltage release actuates the “OFF mechanism” after a command and switches OFF the switch using the force stored in the spring-operated stored energy mechanism.
- The standard auxiliary switches switch parallel to the main contacts. They are ideal, e.g. to signal the switching state of the main contacts.
- The trip-indicating auxiliary contact signals a shutdown by a control unit after an overcurrent. As an additional safety feature, the trip-indicating auxiliary contact displays a red indicator to signal that a trip has been triggered by the control unit. After inspection of the installation and acknowledgement of the indicator, the circuit-breaker is ready to switch back on. For example, a remote reset or an automatic reset can be used to acknowledge this indicator on offshore installations. As an option, ready to close can be signalled by the auxiliary contact “ready to close”.